Who are we?
We are followers of Jesus Christ from around the world who love the Sylheti people. Our greatest desire is the express desire of God Himself: that all Sylhetis will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. Therefore, we exist to promote and encourage prayer and intercession for all Sylhetis everywhere as we are urged to do in the Holy Scriptures, for “This is good, and pleases God our Savior” (1 Timothy 2:1-6).
Our vision is shaped by the vision of heaven as revealed to the Apostle John who sees “…a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb” (Revelation 7:9). This vision assures us that Sylhetis will be a part of this great multitude! So we pray with expectation, as Jesus commands us, for God’s Kingdom to come and His will to be done “on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10). We want to see multiplying groups of disciples spring up among Sylhetis everywhere, bringing deep healing and transformation within their families and communities, that praise would rise from Sylhetis in villages, towns, and cities across the world.
What do we do?
- We promote passionate and persistent prayer for the Sylheti people.
- We facilitate prayer through a publicly accessible prayer network that is easy to join and to promote widely.
- We send out daily prayer points and provide other resources so that people can pray in an informed way for the Sylheti people.
- We encourage partners to pray as individuals and also to mobilize prayer groups.
- We recognize that while it is God alone who draws people to Himself, He has nevertheless commanded us to pray for all people and to make disciples.
- We guard against endangering any individual in any place by not using real names or identifiable details.